Audi CarPlay Update 2022 06 23
Please run this update only if required by UNAVI engineer.
Applicable for all Audi SKUs except ZSTAWAU07P & ZSTAWAU16C
How to check the version information.
1. Press on Exit from the Android Auto or CarPlay App page.
2. Select Setup
3. Scroll down to System Version
4. Check the MCU Version
5. Share this screen with the UNAVI engineer to determine if an update is required.
How to update MCU version
1. Download the MCU update file
2. Format an empty USB flash drive that is FAT32 format. Place the .bin file on an empty USB flash drive.
3. Insert the USB flash drive with the update file into the CarPlay USB port. This port can be found in the glove box compartment, beneath the glove box compartment, or near the arm rest compartment area. Contact your installer for the exact location if needed.
4. Return to the setup page and select System Update
5. Enter the password: 2863
6. Select MCU Update
7. Confirm MCU Update
8. The system will begin updating. The process should take anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes. Do not interrupt the process. Do not power off during the update.
9. When finished, the system will reboot and will return to the OEM Audi screen. Toggle to the UNAVI Main Menu by pressing and holding the NAV or MENU button and follow the steps above on how to check version information and confirm the new MCU version. Note: You may need to reboot the system again (turn off car, lock the doors, wait for about 3 minutes, unlock doors, and turn engine on).